The month of November is a great time to remember who we are thankful for, especially the loving bonds between family members. Fatherhood is such a significant stage of life for both father and child. This generation has a deep need for committed, loving fathers.
The Beaver County Roundtable is offering a Leadership Summit on Fatherhood, focusing on the importance and responsibility of fatherhood, as well as steps to create a county action plan. This summit is especially offered for fathers, mothers, service providers, faith-based leaders, community leaders, business leaders, local governmental officials who want to strengthen men and fathers' involvement in the lives in their children.
Topics of discussion include:
- Combating father absence and promoting responsible fatherhood
- Recognizing the crisis to children in father's absence
- Addressing the consequences of absent fathers
- Planning steps that leaders can take in light of absent fathers
- Raising awareness and initiative in community to build up fathers and families
The summit details are as follows:
Thursday, November 15, 2012
7:30am - 12:00pm
Community College of Beaver County
Learning Resources Center Conference Room
1 Campus Drive
Monaca, PA 15061
RSVP today to Shon Owens 724-378-2882 or firstname.lastname@example.org